1. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
2. You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren’t happy in one place, chances are you won’t be happy anyplace.
3. Why not learn to enjoy the little things — there are so many of them.
4. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
5. We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
6. True happiness brings more richness than all the money in the world.
7. There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.
8. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.
9. The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.
10. The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.
11. The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
12. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
13. Some pursue happiness – others create it.
14. Remember happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think
15. Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.
16. Nothing can bring you happiness but yourself.
17. Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.
18. Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
19. Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don’t collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don’t really mean anything.
20. It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.
21. It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
22. Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence
23. Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.
24. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
25. Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.
26. Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
27. Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
28. Everywhere you go, take a smile with you.
29. Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.
30. Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.
31. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
32. Be happy. It’s one way of being wise.