Finding “The One” – The Perfect Wedding Gown, That Is!
You found the perfect guy, now it’s time to find the perfect gown. Choosing the ideal wedding dress is one of the most important decisions while planning your dream wedding. It may be intimidating, as all eyes are on you and you need to make sure that you’re stunning on your big day. As overwhelming as it is, here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding gown for you.
1. Timeline – One of the most exciting parts of planning a wedding is buying your gown. Bear in mind your timeline. Women tend to overlook this important step, but order your gown at least 6-8 months in advance and arrange for a fitting two weeks to a month prior to your wedding. Giving yourself ample time is essential especially if alterations are to be made before the wedding since this takes time, as well.
2. Budget – Identify what your options are and set your budget. If your finances allow it, go to a couturier for a made to order gown for you. But for the budget-conscious, you don’t need to fret since there are a lot of beautiful gowns out there which you can purchase off the rack or rent out.
3. Choose the right design for your body shape – Wedding gowns come in all shapes and sizes and finding the appropriate one for your body shape can be daunting. So, if you’re tall and thin, you have the ideal body type. You may wear anything from soft, flowy materials to lots of trimmings. Petite women will look best in an A-line gown and to look taller, go for an empire-cut chiffon gown. A V-cut neckline with detailing and a simple bodice is most flattering for full-figured women.
4. Location – When buying a wedding dress, take into consideration the location of the wedding. If you want your wedding in a church, you may choose any gown that you prefer. But if you’re planning to have a beach wedding, choose a gown where you can be comfortable the whole day. Pick one that is shorter in length and has a lighter material.
5. The “Second Opinion” – As much as possible, bring someone with you whom you trust when it comes to choosing the right clothing. It may be your mother, sister or best friend. Although you think you have found THE dress, it won’t hurt to get a second opinion of a trusted companion. After all, it’s your endeavor for people to see you as lovely as possible, so it’s important to ask the point of view of another person.
Kathryn Angeles Dilay is a loving, hands-on mother of a wonderful 3-year old son, Bon. Reading and writing are her passion that she makes sure her articles will come out as well-thought of. What differs her from other writers out there is that she writes about interesting things that will help others in her own little way and more importantly, she writes from her heart.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathryn_Angeles_Dilay