1. What Is A Dad?
A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail…
2. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
– Jim Valvano
3. The greatest thing a FATHER can do to his children, is to love their mother.
– Anjaneth Garcia Untalan
When i was born,
You were there to catch me when i fall, whenever and wherever.
When i said my first words,
You were there for me,
to teach me the whole dictionary if need be.
When i took my first steps,
You were there to encourage me on.
When i had my first day at school,
you were there to give me advice and help me with my homework.
I still havent finished school,
or walked down the aisle, or had my first child.
But i know you will be there for me through all these times and more, the good and bad.
So i just wrote this to say ‘I LOVE YOU DAD!!!’
– Louisa Mansfield
5. A father is someone that
holds your hand at the fair
makes sure you do what your mother says
holds back your hair when yor are sick
brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy
lets you eat ice cream for breakfeast
but only when mother is away
he walks you down the aisle
and tells you everythings gonna be ok..
6. They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps.
7. Who is the one person who can always make me smile?
Even when I’m mad at him?
Even when he makes me cry?
Even when he makes fun of me or laughs at me.
He is one of the people who has always been there for me, one who has always loved, cared, and provided for me.
He is one of the two most important people in the world to me. Someone I LOVE with all my heart.
He is my friend,my hero, but most importantly he is my…
I Love you dad!
8. It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
– Pope John XXIII
9. I’ve had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.
– Bartrand Hubbard
10. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.
– Sigmund Freud
11. Someday i will find my prince but my Daddy will always be my King
12. Dad – Ask him when Mom says no.
13. A true father is always there. He is there to spill tears of happiness when his eyes fall upon his infant daughter. He is there with arms to catch her when she takes her first steps or stumbles. He is there to teach her at the youngest age, even though she might not understand half of it. He is there to help her color inside the lines, make her grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, and tie her shoes. He is there to hug her and kiss her on her first days of school, and to walk her in if need be. He is there to teach her and tease her and laugh with her. He is always there to embarrass her, but that’s part of life. He is there to tell her to go ask her mother, when her mother told her to ask him. He is there to lecture her, prepare her for the monster called high school. He is there to put up with her teenage moods and her co-ed relationships. He is there to approve, disapprove, accept and forgive. He is there to give her a big bundle of flowers when she graduates, to smile when her name is called and feel proud. He is there to embrace her and kiss her before she goes to live and learn a thousand miles away. He is there to see her become a workingwoman, to walk her down the aisle (or not, if her independence and stubbornness prevail after all). He is there to watch her grow as the lines on his face grow. He is there to welcome her home, always, and let her hug him and smell the smell she remembers from childhood, the warm, protecting, comforting smell of dad. But most of all, he is always there to love her. And she is always there to love him back. Dad, I love you, happy Father’s Day.”
– Katie Schmarr
14. A “daddys little girl” is the one who would rather get her hands covered in engine oil with dad, than stay in the house and bake buns with her mother!
15. A father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be
16. Everyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a daddy
17. I’ve loved one person unconditionally. He’s the most caring, and generous, and charming and flat out the funniest guy I’ll ever know…he’s my father.
– Natalie Lennox
18. Dear dad,
I may love a lot of man in the future, someday I’ll get married to someone out there. But in the end let me remind you that, no matter what happens, you’ll always be the best guy for me. I love you ’till forever ends 🙂
19. My Dad always provided me with the necessities in life: food, clothing, shelter… hair products, manicures, pedicures, body lotions, designer handbags, designer jeans, lipstick, eyeliner, blush, DvDs, MP3 players, and so much more. He went without so that I could have more. He gave me so much including the most important thing in the world: all of his love. I love you Daddy.
20. No matter how old i get, no matter how often i stay out with friends, no matter how far i move away with my husband, no matter how many children i have, no matter how many grandchildren i will have….daddy, i will still be your little girl!
I love you more than the world will ever know!!